HP printers will finish your quest for a personal or business printer. Pick a great HP printer and set it up at 123.hp.com/setup to receive high-quality picture prints. New users may face challenges. Follow the instructions below to install and configure your HP printer. Install the necessary drivers from 123.hp.com/setup.
Way to set up your HP Printer via 123.hp.com/setup
If you have any trouble setting up your HP printer, you may simply do it by following the instructions shown below. When you are done with the 123.hp.com/setup, now adhere to the instructions:
- To begin, unbox the HP printer and store it in a secure place.
- Connect the HP printer to an electrical outlet.
- Correctly connect the power cord to the HP printer and system.
- Now you must activate the power button located on the front of your HP printer.
- When your HP printer illuminates with a red light, it is turned on.
- Cartridges should be installed.
- Load some paper into the paper tray after inserting the cartridges.
- Visit the 123.hp.com/setup website for more information.
- Install the HP printing assistance software included with your printer.
- Upload the necessary drivers to ensure that your HP printer operates optimally.
- After uploading the papers and software, you may enjoy the high-quality print.
Way to Install HP Printer Assistant
HP Printer Assistant aids in the setup of HP printers and monitors ink levels. The following sections detail the necessary procedures for installing the HP Printer Assistant software. After visiting 123.hp.com/setup, comply with the following instructions:
- Reconnect your HP printer to your computer and verify that the connection is working properly.
- Remove any previous drivers and software for HP printers and reinstall the newest versions.
- You may get the newest drivers for your HP printer from HP’s official website.
- Enter the model number of your printer or choose one that is already available.
- Then click “Submit.”
- To download and install the setup, follow the on-screen instructions.
- The installation process may take some time.
Noe: As a new user, you may have difficulties installing the HP Printer Assistant software. For more information on the installation, please visit 123.hp.com/setup.
Way to connect the printer to a wireless network
To connect your HP printer wirelessly, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your computer’s Control Panel.
- Select Wireless as your connection type.
- Click on the Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the installation instructions shown on the screen.
- From the list of listed networks, choose the appropriate one.
- Type in the correct username and password and then click “Ok.”
- To print a document, pick it and then click the Print option.
- Initiate printing.
Way to connect your device with HP Printer
The instructions below will walk you through the process of connecting your device to the 123.hp.com/setup printer. Adhere to the instructions:
- All you have to do is visit the Google Play Store.
- In the search box, type “123.hp.com/setup.”
- To activate the app after installation, turn it on.
- Open your browser and click the drop-down menu next to the print option.
- Examine the list of networked printers and choose the one that is assigned to you.
- You are now prepared to begin printing your docs.
Note – You may visit HP’s help website at 123.hp.com/setup to determine your particular printer’s protocol compatibility.
Way to connect your HP Printer to the Chromebook
Connect the printer to your Chromebook through Wi-fi or a USB connection to complete the setup. No drivers or applications are needed to configure your printer, follow the steps given below.
- Update the Chromebook’s operating system to the latest current version.
- After loading paper into the main tray, turn on the printer.
- Connect the Chromebook to the printer using the USB cable.
- The connection to a USB printer is as follows: Utilize the USB connection to connect the printer to the Chromebook.
- Connection to the printer using Wi-Fi: To connect to a wireless network, depending on your printer, either the Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard from the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu on a printer with a control panel, and then follow the on-screen directions to connect the printer to the network.
- For printers with no control panel menu, press and hold the Wireless button for five seconds. Press and hold the Wireless and Power buttons on the printer’s rear for five seconds for HP Desk Jet 6000 and 6400 printers, ENVY 6000 and 6400 printers, and Tango printers.
- For two minutes, or until the connection procedure starts, press and hold the WPS button on the router. When the connection is established, the printer’s wireless light or blue bar will cease blinking.
- Click the clock in the Chromebook’s bottom right corner, followed by the Settings icon.
- At the bottom of the screen, scroll down and select ‘Advanced’.
- Click on the area labeled Printing.
- Select your printer from the list that displays and then click Add.
- If your printer does not show automatically, choose Add Manually and then follow the on-screen instructions. Additional information is available at Chromebook Help – Configure your printer (in English).
- Direct printing from the Chromebook
- Print pictures, documents, pages, and emails directly from the Chrome browser and other Chrome-enabled applications.
- Navigate to the page that contains the item you want to print.
- After selecting the Chrome browser’s Settings button, choose ‘Print’.
- Select your printer by clicking Change next to Destination.
- Make any necessary changes to the print settings and then click the ‘print’ button.
For more help related to HP printer setup, visit 123.hp.com/setup.
Why is my Mac not finding my HP printer?
Unplug all cords from the printer and computer to troubleshoot your connections, then reconnect them, making sure they are secure. If your printer still won’t work after reconnecting the wires, try connecting it to another USB port on your Mac.
What if the Printer Assistant refuses to launch once Windows is upgraded, or if it displays a large number of printers?
Instead of the printer settings and tools view, HP Printer Assistant displays the Connect, a new printer utility, after upgrading Windows to a newer version, such as Windows 10. Printer Assistant may not open or display the Select a Printer box with numerous names for your printer in some instances.
How can I connect my laptop to my printer with a USB?
- Use the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer and turn it on.
- From the Start menu, select Settings.
- Go to Devices and choose it.
- Add a printer or scanner by clicking the Add a printer or scanner button.
If your printer is detected by Windows, click on its name and follow the on-screen directions to complete the installation. For more HP printer help, go to 123.hp.com/setup.